Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Strut Song: Kelly Rowland- "I'm Dat Chick"

Happy Tuesday, Youvies! 

We're back with another strut song and we're keeping the sassy theme going! This week's strut song is "I'm Dat Chick" by one of our favorite artists Kelly Rowland! You gotta love all things Kelly; she's sassy and just drop dead gorgeous, but aside from her physical attributes and success she has had to overcome quite a bit. In her song "Dirty Laundry" she revealed that she was in an abusive relationship for several years until she found the strength in herself to leave. Kelly Rowland is our Strut Songtress this week not only for her sass and outer beauty, but for her inner beauty, confidence and the work she had to put in to find them for herself. 

Check out an interview she gave with Wendy Williams about the abuse: 




Back to the music! Here's our favorite lyric: 

"And I'm not cocky I just love myself
He can't buy a ring I can't buy myself 
I'm puttin' on a show so you can check me out
This chick know she cute so what you talkin' 'bout"

Check out the song below: 

 


What did you think, Youvies? Is there a song that helps you conquer your day? Let us know in the comments! Get out there and let the world know you dat chick/dude! 

Until next time
Hey DeJaYou

No comments:

Post a Comment